Thursday, March 29, 2012

Day 7 - Recovery Challenge

Do you think the media contributes to the growing rate of girls developing eating disorders younger and younger?

I can see how the media can have an impact on girls getting eating disorders. They look in a magazine and see a super skinny model and think "I need to look like this to be popular/liked/attractive". For me though, if the media had any impact on my eating disorder, it was small considering there are so many other things in my life that most likely triggered my ED. I am well aware that lots of pictures in magazines are Photoshopped... but sometimes I guess I wish I had "a flat stomach like that model..." even though I know that the model's stomach isn't even that flat in real life. People have a misconception on what the "ideal female" looks like, and the ones in magazines aren't normal females. I don't believe the media contributes to girls getting eating disorders at younger and younger ages because the age I am is "prime time" for an eating disorder to occur.

No comments:

Post a Comment

January 2012. Powered by Blogger.